As a lifelong resident of County Kerry, I have lived and worked in the midst of the visitors to Ireland as both a musical entertainer and trusted member of the Police Force of Ireland (An Garda Siochana). After retiring from decades of policing, I earned a different kind of badge - training as an official Irish Tourist Board (Failte Ireland) approved Tour Guide. Only after achieving Failte Ireland's stamp of approval, did I found Killarney Guided Tours in order to share my passion for the culture, deep history, folklore and raw beauty of Ireland as a tour guide. As fellow Kerryman and noted author John B. Keane described, "only in Kerry, with its magical retreats, can one experience such peace." I want to share this unimaginably, amazing land, that I am lucky enough to call home, with you.
I will tailor your private tour with your special interests in mind, allowing the pace to be entirely within your control. Whether you decide to travel solo, or with your small group of friends and family, you can rest assured that each of Killarney Guided Tours' professional driver/guides will provide the utmost in safety and security. It is always - "Your Tour - Your Trail".
- Failte Ireland approved & trained Tour Guide - It is highly recommended you look for not only properly licensed and insured drivers behind the wheel, but badged, Failte Ireland trained Tour Guides. As the Official Irish Toursim Board, Failte Ireland's stamp of approval gives you peace of mind that your tour is in good hands, no matter if ultimately choosing Killarney Guided Tours or another conscientious tour provider.
- 30 years service as member of the Police Force of Ireland (An Garda Siochana)
- FETAC Level 6 in Marine and Country Guiding – Regional and Local Guiding Diploma
- FETAC Level 5 in Occupational First Aid - Diploma
- Registration of Business Names Act 1963 - Certificate of Registration, Killarney Guided Tours 469524
- Sli na Sláinte, Irish Walking Leader
- Fully Licensed and Insured - Driver and Vehicles, with all vehicles insured for commercial passenger transport (required in Ireland)
- Holder-Public Service Driver's License approved by National Transport Authority of Ireland (Small Public Service Vehicles - SPSV)
- Member - The Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM)